Upcoming Defcon919 Meeting
ALL levels of experience, skill, and interest are welcome and encouraged to join us. You do not have to be a “hacker” to attend.
- What DDoS most commonly affects and why it works
- Attack evolution over time and the types of tools used
- Attack types and methods from network to application layers
- How enterprise and service provider solutions for dealing with DDoS and how they work in detail.
Take home resources will be provided including a “cheat sheet” for testing the resilience of your simulated network in the lab, and a Python script that can actually spoof a three way handshake and send an attack payload. Participants may want to bring a laptop to examine the cheat sheet and review the code as we walk through it.
• 4 DDOS Presentation at the Durham Co. Southwest Regional Library 3605 Shannon Road, Durham, NC
• 6 + Open Discussion at Carolina Ale House 3911 Durham-Chapel Hill Blvd, Durham, NC 27707
Sun, Oct 8, 4pm – 6pm
Durham Co. Southwest Regional Library
3605 Shannon Road, Durham, NC